Erasmus Mundus scholarships are available for visiting researchers who want to carry out research and teaching assignments and scholarly work for the Erasmus Mundus Masters in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology.
EMMC scholarships will be awarded to European and third-country scholars in accordance with the following criteria:
- Scholarships can be awarded to scholars/guest lecturers from any country, who bring added value to the student intake in terms of student-centred teaching/lecturing, research activities, Master thesis support, academic support, academic/professional networking…. They will be selected by the EMM Nano consortium to contribute to the joint programme within the European partner institutions.
- EMM scholars must demonstrate outstanding academic and/or professional experience and bring concrete added value to the delivery of the EM Nano Master.
- Only candidates who have been accepted by the EMM Nano consortium in accordance with its specific scholars’ selection criteria are eligible for a scholarship
As a visiting scholar you could visit one (or more) of the 4 Partner universities to do research, give lectures. The minimum period is 1 week. A week is defined as minimum 4 out of 7 consecutive calendar days. Days of scholar work may include travelling time.
EMMC scholars holding an Erasmus Mundus scholarship must:
- commit themselves to actively participate in the masters course activities;
- spend a minimum of 1 week in the partner institution;
- perform teaching/research/student tutoring activities in the European partner institute
- bring concrete added value to the course and students (through teaching of specific classes, leading and participating in seminars or workshops, monitoring and tutoring student research/project activities, Master thesis support, academic/professional networking, preparing new teaching modules, etc.);
- contribute, after their visiting scholar activities, to the promotion and dissemination of the Erasmus Mundus Programme in general, and the Master course concerned in particular, in their university and country of origin.
You can apply by filling out the application EMM Nano scholar. The completed form, together with all the documents (curriculum vitae, publication list, motivation letter, …) should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org